Behold, the drink for your summer parties has arrived! It’s refreshing, tasty and sweet just the right amount; everything you need from a summer drink!
It can be a non alcoholic drink, perfect even for kids, but it’s easy to transform it in a cocktail, with just a splash of vermouth. The sophistication of this watermelon tonic is mainly given from the star anise. I love how this drink makes you feel well hydrated. It could be perfect even to bring to the beach.
- 400 g of watermelon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of lime juice (circa 1 lime)
- 2 star anise
- 300 ml of tonic water
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) of vermouth, for example Martini
- Blend the watermelon with a food processor or an immersion blender. Add the lime juice, the lime from which you squeezed the juice and the star anise.
- Let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- For every drink, pour ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (75ml) of watermelon juice, ¼ cup (60ml of tonic water and, if you want an alcoholic drink, 1 tbsp (15ml) of vermouth. Serve with lime slices and ice.